Health services for Wāhine
Our qualified staff provide free support and health information to wāhine (women) through a variety of different services, including:
- Family planning and contraception information
- Promoting healthy pregnancies and positive birth outcomes
- Guidance on lactation or breastfeeding issues antenatally and following the birth of pepi (baby)
- Prevention of and screening for breast cancer
- Promotion of cervical screening
- Referring wāhine to other appropriate health providers, if necessary.
Our focus is on supporting wāhine to have the tools and people to go to who will help them improve and sustain their health.