By Rossana Rogers, Kaiawhi Rōpū Whakahaere (Management Team Support)
Te Piki Oranga would like to wish everyone Meri Kirihimete and a happy and safe holday.
All of Te Piki Oranga offices across the rohe will close at 5:00 pm on Friday 22 December 2017 and will re-open at 9:00am on Monday 8 January 2018.
Below is a list of some of the services available in NZ that offer nationwide support, information and help. All services are free of charge and available 24 /7.
If you believe either you or someone you know is in immediate danger, please call emergency services on 111. Otherwise please use the numbers listed below for support.
- Lifeline 0800 543 354 www.lifeline.org.nz
- Suicide Crisis Helpline 0508 828 865 www.lifeline.org.nz/suicide-crisis-helpline
- Healthline 0800 611 116 - registered nurses provide health triage and advice www.health.govt.nz
- Samaritans 0800 726 666 www.samaritans.org.nz
Depression Helpline 0800 111 757 and text 4202 - callers can talk through emotional and psychological issues with counsellors and via the national depression initiatives:
- Depression.org.nz – helping people find a way through depression
- The Lowdown and text 5626 – support to help young people recognise and understand depression or anxiety www.thelowdown.co.nz
- The Journal @ depression.org.nz - an online programme to help people learn skills to tackle depression