Te Hā Aukati Kaipaipa
Stop Smoking Services
Te Hā (The Breath) is Te Piki Oranga Services Stop Smoking Programme. The genesis of the name "Te Hā" is based around the sharing of the breath of life between two people as practiced in Māori powhiri. Te Hā is Te Piki Oranga Services contribution to the Nelson Marlborough model of stop smoking services where the partners (Nelson Marlborough Health, Marlborough Primary Health, Nelson Bays Primary Health and Te Piki Oranga Limited) have agreed a collaborative model to ensure maximum coverage of all smokers across Te Tau Ihu.
Ratonga Whāinga / Service Users
Māori, Pacific people, pregnant women (of any ethnicity), smoking partners, and family living with a pregnant woman, vulnerable populations, including the refugee population who use tobacco products, are eligible to access this service.
Ratonga Whāinga / Service objectives
- Deliver stop smoking services to priority smokers by trained stop smoking coaches,
- Deliver a course of individual face to face sessions,
- Deliver group programmes,
- Ensure access to Nicotine Replacement Therapy at no or low cost to smokers,
- Deliver Smoke-free health promotion activities.