facilitated by Takawai and Chris Murphy
The course is a tikanga-based immersive experience which takes participants on a transformative journey - a hands-on cultural conscientisation programme where participants understanding of Māori world views, laws, philosophies and histories are enhanced. Te Pumaomao critically examines the on-going impacts of colonisation on Māori and other Indigenous Peoples in a way that empowers participants toward creating positive social change. Takawai and Chris present the programme with passion, humour and a light touch, employing a suite of educative tools including role-play, multi-media & audio visual technologies.
Graduates will be able to:
- grow leadership skills and a critical analysis
- be better decision makers withing whānau, hapū, iwi and organisational environment
- gain a deeper insight regarding the social-political and cultural landscape in Aotearoa
- strengthen relationships with other Māori
- be more confident in how they can personally enact positive societal change.