Panipani me te Tono Whakahokia /
Cervical Screening Invitation and Recall
This service is a collaboration with the Marlborough PHO.
Ratonga Whānau / Service Users
Maori, Pacific, Asian and refugee women who are due for their cervical smear, are under screened or unscreened and are aged 20 – 69 years.
Ratonga Whāinga / Service Objectives
- The invitation and recall of women into the National Cervical Screening Programme (NCSP)
- Identifying eligible women
- Providing information and support
- Raising awareness amongst priority group women
- Cervical smear taking
- Smear taking clinics
- Referring to alternative services as appropriate
- Ensuring cervical screening services are accessible to the priority group
A Pūkenga Manaaki makes contact with women who are due or overdue for their smear and encourages them to go to their GP or preferred smear taking provider. The Pūkenga Manaaki will assist wāhine to remove any barriers that might be preventing them from having the smear. The service will run cervical screening clinics at locations and times that are convenient to groups of women.