Ngā Pūkenga Manaaki Hauora Hinengaro mō ngā Tamariki me ngā Rangatahi /
Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) Non-Clinical
Ratonga Whānau / Service Users
This service include tamariki and rangatahi that are eligible for CAMHS service.
Ratonga Whāinga / Service Objectives
Pūkenga Manaaki (experienced mental health support workers) provide a flexible mobile colaborative whānau support services for tamariki and rangatahi who are living in the community either with their whānau or independently. This service target tamariki and rangatahi who have high and ongoing support needs related to whānau and community living, education and/or employment and self-management of their well-being.
This Service includes, but is not limited to:
- Assisting the tamariki, rangatahi and their whānau in determining their support and cultural needs
- Coordination of access to the support resources and services that the whānau wish to use
- Provision of a range of support options, including but not limited to home-based support, community support and support for independence
- Assisting tamariki/rangatahi to create a plan to manage the activities of daily routines
- Assisting tamariki/rangatahi to maintain connection with or access community based activities, health, education, vocational and social services
- Collaboration with clinical services
Whakaurunga me Puta Atu Paearu / Entry and Exit Criteria
Access to a Pūkenga Manaaki/Navigator is through being a CAMHS client when the clinician identifies support needed in the wider whānau.