Ngā Pūkenga Manaaki Hauora mō ngā whānau na kawekawenga I te Waipiro me ērā atu tarukino
Alcohol and Other Drug Specialist Services
Ratonga Whānau / Service Users
The service is specifically designed for Māori but not exclusive to.
Ratonga Whāinga / Service Objectives
This service provides a community or outpatient based assessment and treatment service. This service includes, but is not limited to:
- Screening and brief intervention
- Specialist comprehensive assessment
- Drug and alcohol treatment, therapy, support and case management (both individual, group and inclusive of whānau)
- Integrated care for those experiencing co-existing problems of addiction and mental health
- Ongoing monitoring of symptoms and regular review of progress and treatment
- Development of cultural links
- Working with whānau and offering support and other interventions
- Liaison and consultation services to other providers of health services including mental health services and other agencies in contact with people with current or potential substance use problems
- Community development services
- Referral to other services or agencies where appropriate
- Support to enhance recovery and reduce the risk of relapse for example this may include facilitating engagement with a support group
Each service user will be offered interventions that are appropriate according to assessed need in terms of their drug and alcohol use, related problems and readiness for change.
Whakaurunga Paearu / Entry Criteria
Referral from primary health care, inpatient, community mental health teams, alcohol and other drug services or self-referral.